The configuration of the $30 million, 200,000 square-foot PFC. William J. Grabiarz School of Excellence (grades 3 through 8) is an amalgamation of educational concepts defined by educators of the Buffalo School District and the design team of CJS Architects.
The educational concepts and methodologies were translated into a modern structure with abundant natural lighting and spacious interiors to promote academic excellence.
The site plan places common recreational areas such as the gymnasium, fitness areas and pool into a separate building connected to the existing Northwest Buffalo Community Center, originally built in 1929 and used for the first iteration of the school. This plan allows the NWCC to use athletic facilities outside of school hours and facilitates a contemporary model for shared resources.